Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company, Limited (President: Noriyuki Hara) and Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company, Limited (President: Yasuzo Kanasugi), both of which are subsidiaries of MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. (President & CEO: Noriyuki Hara), have donated CO2 reduction credits based on the Cap-and-Trade Program to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government (“TMG”) in support of “Zero Emission Tokyo”, an initiative by the TMG to make Tokyo a sustainable city that does not emit CO2.
1. Amount of credits donated
● The CO2 reduction credits donated were generated through efforts to save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions at large facilities of the MS&AD Insurance Group in Tokyo.
|Total group donations||24,829 tons|
|(Breakdown)||Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Co., Ltd.||16,756 tons|
|Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Co., Ltd.||8,073 tons|
*For details on “Zero Emission Tokyo”, please refer to the following website of the TMG Bureau of Environment.
*The TMG’s Cap-and-Trade Program obliges large business facilities to reduce CO2 emissions under the Tokyo Metropolitan Environmental Security Ordinance. If CO2 emissions are reduced beyond the reduction obligation, CO2 reduction credits will be generated, enabling businesses to make use of transactions.
2．Climate Change Initiatives of the MS&AD Insurance Group
● Under the mission to “contribute to the development of a vibrant society and help secure a sound future for the planet by enabling safety and peace of mind through the global insurance and financial services business,” the MS&AD Insurance Group in its medium-term management plan “Vision 2021” has set the aim to help realize a resilient and sustainable society.
● Contributing to climate change mitigation and adaptation is one of our priority issues, and we are working to reduce CO2 emissions by providing products and services that address this, as well as implementing energy saving measures and installing energy saving equipment in our daily operations.
● Going forward, we will continue to support sustainable development through the development of products and services that reduce damage and loss caused by abnormal weather to corporate activities, as well as products and services that contribute to the transition to a decarbonized society.
■Official website of the MS&AD Insurance Group
・Contribute to Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
・Climate-related Financial Disclosure
・MS&AD’s Story of Value Creation