Domestic Life Insurance Business: Business Strategy
We cross-sell life insurance products along with non-life insurance products, utilizing our largest non-life insurance sales network in Japan.
Cross-selling of life insurance products
◆ Develop/provide products and services that meet customer needs through an accurate understanding of the progress of medical treatment and changes in the social structure, etc.
◆ Further strengthen marketing capability through our sales base as the largest non-life insurance group in Japan and our OTC channel, which holds the leading position in the industry.
◆ Build systems that can respond flexibly to changes in the environment such as the advance of the falling birthrate and aging population, the continuation of ultra-low interest-rate policies and the advance of digitalization.
◆ Extensively promote a customer-first policy in operations to improve quality and customer satisfaction.
Mitsui Sumitomo Aioi Life Insurance
- Provide protection-type products and services that help resolve social issues, such as the increasing burden of nursing care and medical care, and support health promotion
- Further strengthen marketing capability through diverse channels, with a focus on cross-selling based on integrated life/non-life operations
- Build a system to respond to changes in the environment (infrastructure development and reform of the earnings structure)
Life Insurance Cross-Selling Ratio*1 (Mitsui Sumitomo Aioi Life Insurance)
*1. Cross-selling channels (professional, corporate, automobile sales dealers): The number of Mitsui Sumitomo Aioi Life Insurance in-force policy holders divided by the number of Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance/Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance automobile and fire insurance policy holders
Mitsui Sumitomo Primary Life Insurance
- Expand asset-building-type products and services that meet the needs of society, such as responding to longevity risks
- Strengthen the support system for OTC sales at financial institutions by promoting digitalization, etc.
- Enhance ALM that captures changes in investment markets and liability structures
Products and services that meet the needs of society and customers (Mitsui Sumitomo Primary Life Insurance)
- Expand the lifetime gift market and develop the new longevity needs market
International Business: Strategies
Building on the business base, reliability, and market presence we have built over decades, we are exploiting M&A synergies to accelerate expansion in the growing Asian market.