Based on the fact that there are business activity situations that arise in which various work is entrusted to outside vendors, we have formulated the “Group Basic Policy for Management of Outside Vendors” as the basic policy regarding outsourcing. Based on the above, the Group companies maintain and properly control management of outside vendors.
MS&AD Insurance Group Basic Policy for Management of Outside Vendors
The MS&AD Insurance Group maintains proper management of outside vendors based on the below management policy in situations when it entrusts work externally.
Outside Contracting Subject to This Policy
When the MS&AD Insurance Group delegates all or part of the administrative work necessary for it to conduct business to an outside vendor, there must be an assurance that such is appropriate in conjunction with the execution of business bearing in mind the need to assure that customers are protected and management is conducted soundly. As used herein, "customer" shall refer to "a customer having a relationship to the activities of the MS&AD Insurance Group" with respect to both individuals and companies.
System for Management of Outside Vendors
MS&AD Holdings and the domestic Group insurance companies shall create the following system for managing outside vendors and properly implement the same:
(1) Establish a supervisor and business unit responsible for managing outside vendors.
(2) Establish and disseminate rules pertaining to the management of outside vendors.
(3) Conduct inspections and supervision over outside vendors.
(4) Conduct appropriate management of subcontractors.
(5) Establish procedures for responding to inquiries, complaints and other communications from customers pertaining to outside vendors.
(6) Create other procedures necessary for managing outside vendors and revise the same as appropriate.
Other Group companies shall also create system for managing outside vendors and properly implement the same consistent with the above.