Please contact the desk below for enquiries concerning requests for the notification, disclosure, correction, etc., and discontinuance of the purpose of use, etc. of retained personal data in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (including individual numbers and specific personal information) (hereafter, the "Request for Disclosure, etc.").
We reserve the right to verify the identity of the claimant, who will be required to complete the prescribed forms and the application procedure. In principle, responses to requests will be given in writing at a later date. At the time of responding, we will require claimants to pay the standard fees for any requests for disclosure. Please note that responses to your request may not be immediate.
If we discover that information about the claimant is incorrect, we will make corrections based on the results of our investigation.
1. Procedures for Request for Disclosure, etc.
Please contact the desk below. For enquiries about personal data retained by an MS&AD Insurance Group company, please contact the relevant company.
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. Compliance Department
Telephone Number: 03-5117-0312
Business Hours: 9:00-17:00 (Monday through Friday)
* The office is closed during the year-end and new-year period and public holidays.
(2) Documents, etc. required for a request
We will send a specified request form to a person who intends to make a Request for Disclosure, etc. Please complete the form and send it to us. Please also submit the following documents, which will be used for verification of identity.
1) For requests made on the person's own behalf
An authentic copy of your seal registration certificate (within 3 months of date of issue that includes current address) or a copy of a document issued by a public institution, such as driver's license, health insurance card, and passport.
2) For requests made by a representative
Please submit all of the following:
· Letter of Proxy
· An authentic copy of the person's seal registration certificate (within 3 months of date of issue that includes current address)
· An ID of the representative (an authentic copy of their seal registration certificate, a copy of a document issued by a public institution, such as driver's license, health insurance card, and passport, a copy of a written order for commencement of guardianship, a copy of certificate of registered matters concerning adult guardianship, or any other document that permits identification of the representative)
We will charge fees equivalent to the postage charges for sending documents, etc. as our response to a request for “notification of purpose of use” or “disclosure” of retained personal data. Please enclose postage stamps equivalent to 600 yen along with the documents you mail us in relation to your Request for Disclosure, etc.
If the stamps are not enclosed or the amount is insufficient, we will inform you to that effect. If payment is not made within a specified period, we will regard the request as not having been made.
2. Regarding our response
Once we have received a request, we will confirm and investigate the details of the request. In principle, a response will be made to the person in writing at a later date. When the request has been made by a representative, the response will be made to that representative.
We may be unable to respond to all or part of a request if a response to a Request for Disclosure, etc. is likely to harm the life, body, property, or any other rights or interests of the person in question or a third person, seriously impede the proper execution of our businesses, or violate other laws or regulations. In this case, we will respond with an explanation as to why we cannot cater to the request.